Hillary brought up beauty queen, Alicia Machado, at the debate last night, whom she claimed Donald Trump fat-shamed. In case this former Miss Universe’s, Wikipedia entry is changed, I need to post this mess that’s there now. Apparently, the Hillary and media fact-checkers didn’t bother. Here’s the entry on her personal life:
Accusation of accessory to attempted murder
In January 1998, Machado was accused in court of aiding in an attempted murder in Venezuela, in a shooting for which her boyfriend at the time was indicted. According to the Associated Press, Machado was accused in court documents in Caracas of driving the get-away car for her boyfriend from the scene of the shooting. She was not indicted due to insufficient evidence, although her boyfriend was indicted and the judge stated that there were no alibi witnesses for Machado. According to Reuters, the judge presiding over the case subsequently accused Alicia Machado of threatening to have him killed: “she [said] she would make sure, using her friendship with the president (Rafael Caldera), that my career as judge is ruined and then she would kill me.”
In 2005, Machado was engaged to baseball star Bobby Abreu. During their engagement she was on the Spanish reality show La Granja, where she was filmed on camera during the show having sex with another member of the show, Spanish driver Fernando Acaso. She was expelled from the show and shortly after the video surfaced Abreu ended their engagement.
On June 25, 2008, Machado gave birth to a daughter, and said that the father was her best friend Mexican businessman Rafael Hernandez Linares. Mexican news sources, quoting the Attorney General of Mexico, reported that the real father of her child was Gerardo Alvarez-Vazquez, the Mexican drug lord, of the paramilitary drug-cartel Los Negros. The christening of her child was subsequently attended by the chief members of the Beltran drug cartel (the Beltrán-Leyva Cartel), including the cartel’s “boss of bosses” Arturo Beltrán Leyva, his brother Héctor Beltrán Leyva and the drug-lord Edgar Valdez Villarreal, “La Barbie”.
On November 24, 2010, BBC Mundo confirmed that Machado had to close her Twitter account after writing a tweet that called for “peace between the Chinas”, referring to North and South Korea. Her gaffe unleashed a rush of insulting posts, prompting her to go offline. “I now have a lot of psychopaths on the account and it’s best I start another one, kisses,” she signed off, according to Venezuelan media.
In May 2016, Machado became a U.S. citizen. She has spoken out many times against Donald Trump, who, during her year as Miss Universe, she claims called her “Mrs. Piggy” because she gained weight and “Mrs. Housekeeping” because of her Hispanic background (according to the Clinton campaign). Trump said: “She was impossible” and that “[s]he was the winner and you know, she gained a massive amount of weight and it was a real problem. We had a real problem. Not only that, her attitude, and we had a real problem with her.”
I added the bold-type. One can only wonder if she was properly vetted, since she just became a proud US citizen.. She might be the perfect Trump poster girl (pin-up?) for his immigration plan, LOL.
Let me post the references from her Wikipedia:
- Michael Barbaro & Megan Twohey (September 27, 2016). “Shamed and Angry: Alicia Machado, a Miss Universe Mocked by Donald Trump”. The New York Times. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- Alicia Machado Pose For Playboy[dead link]
- “BBC News | World | Beauty queen in attempted murder trial”. news.bbc.co.uk. 27 January 1998. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- Gutkin, Steven (February 5, 1998). “Ex-Ms. Universe Accused of Threat”. apnewsarchive.com. AP. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- Ex-Miss Universe stars in real-life Venezuela soap Reuters, via Hurriyet Daily News, 2/7/1998
- People en Espanol: “Ex novio habla del escándalo de Alicia Machado – El beisbolista Bob Abreu se declaró sorprendido por su conducta y dio por terminada su relación”, May 16, 2005
- “Alicia, en programa de escándalo” El Universo, May 9, 2005
- “Cayó “El Indio”, capo señalado como operador del cartel de los Beltrán Leyva “ Univision News, April 23, 2010
- “”El Indio” tuvo hija con Alicia Machado”. April 22, 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- “Alicia Machado cierra su cuenta en Twitter por culpa de las burlas”. bbc.co.uk. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- “Venezuelan beauty queen stumbles over Korea crisis”. reuters.com. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Cite error: The named reference
autogenerated1was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Bruces, Rubén (May 20, 2016) “¡En hora buena! Alicia Machado obtuvo la ciudadanía americana”
- Daniella Diaz & Dan Merica. “‘Miss Universe’ tearfully thanks Clinton for defense against Trump’s ‘Miss Piggy’ remarks”. CNN. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
Update: Here are a few more links, from googling: