The mainstream media and political Left have devolved into extreme Trump Derangement Syndrome, even more unhinged than their 8 years of Bush Derangement Syndrome. Spasms of Twitter-induced, retweeting mass hysteria erupt almost daily. The Washington Post and New York Times are destroying their credibility way more than President Trump ever could, by running one story after another, with anonymous sources, that later (often within hours), they have to retract or correct, as the stories fall apart.
It is obvious that some former Obama officials, some intelligence officials, some Democratic officials, and Clinton staffers are engaged in running a full-court press effort colluding with sympathetic journalists to run their “Resist” effort, which is a euphemism, that really means trying to incite public sentiment for the impeachment of President Trump. It is more of the Clinton scorched earth mass media saturation to, overthrow President Trump. Yes, that’s what “resist” really means when you work tirelessly to destroy and oust a legally-elected President. None other than Homeland Security Secretary, Jeh Johnson, publicly stated that the 2016 Presidential election voting showed no signs of foreign tampering, so if you are “resisting”, as in trying to manufacture public opinion through mass media saturation of ginned up negative stories about Trump/Russia collusion, in hopes of urging Congress to act to impeach a President, you are trying to overthrow a President, by any means possible.
In numerous blog posts (listed in #Never Trump&NeverHillary, Above the Law, and The American Divide), I’ve covered all of this before, but here’s a list that covers where I’m at with the Comey firing:
- Comey acted inappropriately on July 5th when he publicly exonerated Hillary Clinton and introduced his made-up “intent” provision in the law on mishandling classified information. Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, after her totally inappropriate meeting with former president, Bill Clinton, in Phoenix, the week before Comey’s press conference, placed Comey in a difficult situation. She did not recuse herself, but said she would accept Comey’s recommendation. Comey rolled over and gave a recommendation with his “no criminal intent” statement. He should not have even given a press conference, but should have turned over the investigation findings to the Department of Justice. He should have said, “making a recommendation is not in my purview.,” and thrown the ball back into Loretta Lynch’s court. As soon as Comey rolled over, Lynch came out and announced she was accepting Comey’s recommendation and closed the investigation. That was a media farce played ON the American people.
- Comey reopened the investigation in October, due to internal FBI pressure from evidence brought to his attention in regards to the Weiner investigation. Huma Abedin had sent Clinton emails to Weiner’s laptop, some of them containing classified information. Comey sent a letter to Congress to inform them, but that letter was immediately leaked to the media.
- Democrats and their mouthpieces in the media screamed that Comey needed to be fired. All sorts of leaks poured out of the FBI in those days the Clinton email investigation was reopened, like leaks about ongoing criminal investigations in several states into Clinton Foundation corruption. Everyone from Nancy Pelosi to Elijah Cummings was screaming that Comey should be fired and that the FBI was just a bunch of “Trump fanboys”.
- Comey closed the reopened Clinton investigation and the media moved into high-gear with the Trump/Russia collusion story
- Trump will say or do anything, much of it seemingly based on how he reacts to media coverage of himself. Trump seems very obsessed with looking “strong”, “tough”, “smart” and “a good leader”. He loves to play games and manipulate people, especially manipulating his aides vying for his favor and manipulating journalists and pundits, who went all-in on running the Clinton scorched earth propaganda campaign during the election.
- The Clinton campaign ran and continues to run a scorched earth media effort to destroy Trump.
- Wikileaks appears to be a Russian front operation. Putin appears to have made a calculation to interfere in the US election by leaking information that not only damaged Hillary Clinton, it discredited the media as being little more than an arm of the Democratic Party, colluding to run Clinton talking points and aiding in advancing the Clinton campaign’s media strategy. Many prominent journalists sat on negative Trump stories during the GOP primary, holding them to unleash in the general election to aid Hillary Clinton. They were active participants in the Clinton scorched earth effort to paint Trump as a fascist and bury him in dirt during the general election. Wikileaks released numerous stolen emails between journalists and DNC officials/ Clinton staffers showing media collusion to advance the Clinton campaign’s media messaging.
- President Trump, both in the campaign and as president, has made many disturbing comments, from praising Wikileaks and Putin, to disparaging US intelligence agencies.
- President Trump has several associates, who have been involved in his 2016 campaign and/or cabinet, who have some disturbing connections to the Russian government.
- There is reporting that the FBI recently requested more resources for their Russian interference in the 2016 election/Trump associates’ connection to Russians investigation, thus raising serious questions into the timing of Trump’s firing of Comey.
Does any of this amount to collusion with the Russians or treason?
But it sure does indicate a need for more investigation.
Kevin Williamson, at National Review, covered it way better than I could:
And as a final reminder, with the Left it always boils down to redefining what words mean and that is part of a very long effort in their long march through our institutions, which I have written about many times, like here, here, here and here.