Monica Lewinsky vented about Roger Ailes and Fox News in a recent, scathing op-ed piece in the New York Times . The entire sensationalized news is not a problem only at Fox News, it’s a problem at CNN, MSNBC, even in the revered New York Times too. The difference is Fox News sensationalizes stories about the Left and Democrats, while the mainstream media downplays those stories. The mainstream media sensationalizes stories to destroy conservatives, Republicans and the Right.
“My family and I huddled at home, worried about my going to jail — I was the original target of Kenneth Starr’s investigation, threatened with 27 years for having been accused of signing a false affidavit and other alleged crimes — or worse, me taking my own life. Meantime, Mr. Ailes huddled with his employees at Fox News, dictating a lineup of talking heads to best exploit this personal and national tragedy.”
The person Lewinsky never blames for her predicament is former president, Bill Clinton, who abused his position and had an affair with her, when she was a young intern and it was he and his minions who had her sign a false affidavit. The mainstream media, pushing the “right-wing witch hunt” Clinton whitewash spin since 1999, has completely altered the public perception of what actually happened during the Clinton impeachment:
IntroductionPursuant to Section 595(c) of Title 28, the Office of Independent Counsel (OIC) hereby submits substantial and credible information that President Clinton obstructed justice during the Jones v. Clinton sexual harassment lawsuit by lying under oath and concealing evidence of his relationship with a young White House intern and federal employee, Monica Lewinsky. After a federal criminal investigation of the President’s actions began in January 1998, the President lied under oath to the grand jury and obstructed justice during the grand jury investigation. There also is substantial and credible information that the President’s actions with respect to Monica Lewinsky constitute an abuse of authority inconsistent with the President’s constitutional duty to faithfully execute the laws.
There is substantial and credible information supporting the following eleven possible grounds for impeachment:
1. President Clinton lied under oath in his civil case when he denied a sexual affair, a sexual relationship, or sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky.
2. President Clinton lied under oath to the grand jury about his sexual relationship with Ms. Lewinsky.
3. In his civil deposition, to support his false statement about the sexual relationship, President Clinton also lied under oath about being alone with Ms. Lewinsky and about the many gifts exchanged between Ms. Lewinsky and him.
4. President Clinton lied under oath in his civil deposition about his discussions with Ms. Lewinsky concerning her involvement in the Jones case.
5. During the Jones case, the President obstructed justice and had an understanding with Ms. Lewinsky to jointly conceal the truth about their relationship by concealing gifts subpoenaed by Ms. Jones’s attorneys.
6. During the Jones case, the President obstructed justice and had an understanding with Ms. Lewinsky to jointly conceal the truth of their relationship from the judicial process by a scheme that included the following means: (i) Both the President and Ms. Lewinsky understood that they would lie under oath in the Jones case about their sexual relationship; (ii) the President suggested to Ms. Lewinsky that she prepare an affidavit that, for the President’s purposes, would memorialize her testimony under oath and could be used to prevent questioning of both of them about their relationship; (iii) Ms. Lewinsky signed and filed the false affidavit; (iv) the President used Ms. Lewinsky’s false affidavit at his deposition in an attempt to head off questions about Ms. Lewinsky; and (v) when that failed, the President lied under oath at his civil deposition about the relationship with Ms. Lewinsky.
7. President Clinton endeavored to obstruct justice by helping Ms. Lewinsky obtain a job in New York at a time when she would have been a witness harmful to him were she to tell the truth in the Jones case.
8. President Clinton lied under oath in his civil deposition about his discussions with Vernon Jordan concerning Ms. Lewinsky’s involvement in the Jones case.
9. The President improperly tampered with a potential witness by attempting to corruptly influence the testimony of his personal secretary, Betty Currie, in the days after his civil deposition.
10. President Clinton endeavored to obstruct justice during the grand jury investigation by refusing to testify for seven months and lying to senior White House aides with knowledge that they would relay the President’s false statements to the grand jury — and did thereby deceive, obstruct, and impede the grand jury.
11. President Clinton abused his constitutional authority by (i) lying to the public and the Congress in January 1998 about his relationship with Ms. Lewinsky; (ii) promising at that time to cooperate fully with the grand jury investigation; (iii) later refusing six invitations to testify voluntarily to the grand jury; (iv) invoking Executive Privilege; (v) lying to the grand jury in August 1998; and (vi) lying again to the public and Congress on August 17, 1998 — all as part of an effort to hinder, impede, and deflect possible inquiry by the Congress of the United States.
Lewinsky is busily trying to recreate her public image as a crusader against “cyber-bullying”, by casting herself as one of the first victims of it. Assuredly, the overly salacious coverage at Fox News deserves criticism, but the real person to blame for the horrors Lewinsky faced was President Bill Clinton. Granted, having details of their affair splashed across the news was a traumatic experience for her, but Lewinsky always completely skips over the details. She skips details, like how Sid Blumenthal, Clinton White House aide and part of Hillary Clinton’s bimbo eruption clean-up squad, planted false stories about her being a stalker and that the president was a victim of her sexual advances.
Fox News didn’t put Lewinsky in legal jeopardy, Bill Clinton did that.
Blumenthal is still busy carrying water for the Clintons, like when he ran his lengthy hit piece on Donald Trump in the London Review of Books in February 2017, which included a racist video purported to be a decades old Fred Trump campaign ad. The mainstream media went crazy retweeting that video, which turned out to be fake news…
Deplorable journalism isn’t exclusive to Fox News and conservative news venues. Much of it leads right to the Clintons’ door-step.